Mild Steel (M.S) Pipes & Fittings
MS pipe stands for Mild Steel pipe. These pipes are used mainly in industries as well as in engineering applications where corrosive fluids are in use. Along with this, MS pipes are used for the supply of drinking water i.e. Plumbing, Firefighting and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning). Mild steel doesn't corrode because it is coated with paints, varnish and other metals which makes them long lasting and work under highly critical conditions. Moreover, MS Pipes can with stand up to certain temperature. As MS Pipes are made from mild steel they can easily be welded and formed in various shapes and sizes for pipelining and tubing purposes.
Features of MS Pipes:
Below mentioned are the most common and important features of Mild Steel Pipes
• Mild Steel Pipes are Stronger
• MS pipe has high amount of Iron and ferrite which makes it magnetic.
• MS Pipes has a life span of 100 Years or More
• Subject to oxidation if not properly coated.
• Affordable when compared to other Steels
• Contains Low percent Carbon
• MS Pipes Can be welded easily
• Both pipes and tubes have a high Tensile Strength
• MS Pipes are readily available and is easy to fabricate.